1 Nephi 11-12, 1 Nephi 13-14
What a busy couple days. I've been teaching at this training for the Utah state math core, and it's been wiping me out. I've got some pretty awesome math problems put together though...check them out here...I know you are dying to.
http://asd6thmath.wikispaces.com/Statistics+and+Probability+6.SP
Roller Coaster Problem is AWESOME!!
Anyway I have continued to be faithful to my reading habits though they've been pushing it close a couple of these nights on Monday this was the time on the microwave when I picked up my scriptures...
Scripture of the Day (Monday)
1 Nephi 11:31
31 And he spake unto me again, saying: Look! And I looked, and I beheld the Lamb of God going forth among the children of men. And I beheld multitudes of people who were asick, and who were afflicted with all manner of diseases, and with bdevils and cunclean spirits; and the angel spake and showed all these things unto me. And they were dhealed by the power of the Lamb of God; and the devils and the unclean spirits were cast out.
Thoughts:
The priesthood that my husband holds and father holds and exercised while I was growing up is this same power that Christ used to heal the sick while He was on the earth. I have been blessed by this healing power multiple times for peace, comfort, physical healing from illness and direction.
The night before I was to drive back to Utah from Arizona after a nice vacation with my family, uncle and aunt and grandparents, I woke up REALLY sick. I was vomiting uncontrollably and was really dizzy, I felt awful. The last thing I would choose to do at that point was get into a car with four other people, three whom I didn't even know and attempt to ride for 12 hours without being ill. But my friend (and ride) was leaving that day. No if, and, or what's about it.
I was so grateful for my dad's worthiness and ability to give me a blessing that morning and I'll never forget the trust he put in God's power of the priesthood and my faith as he did so. He commanded the illness to leave my body. I still felt weak but I knew that what ever was making me sick was now gone. We stopped at Rite Aid to get some pepto and tums for me and I remember thinking, this is just silly I know I'm healed. I didn't use any of the medicine over those next hours in the car and slept the vast majority of the time in peace.
And then there was Peru...we'll save that for another day.
Scripture of the day (Tuesday)
1 Nephi 13:28-29, 39
28 Wherefore, thou seest that after the book hath gone forth through the hands of the great and abominable church, that there are many plain and aprecious things taken away from the book, which is the book of the Lamb of God.
29 And after these plain and precious things were ataken
away it goeth forth unto all the nations of the Gentiles; and after it
goeth forth unto all the nations of the Gentiles, yea, even across the
many waters which thou hast seen with the Gentiles which have gone forth
out of captivity, thou seest—because of the many plain and precious
things which have been taken out of the book, which were plain unto the
understanding of the children of men, according to the plainness which
is in the Lamb of God—because of these things which are taken away out
of the gospel of the Lamb, an exceedingly great many do stumble, yea,
insomuch that Satan hath great power over them.
and
39 And after it had come forth unto them I beheld aother bbooks, which came forth by the power of the Lamb, from the Gentiles unto them, unto the cconvincing of the Gentiles and the remnant of the seed of my brethren, and also the Jews who were scattered upon all the face of the earth, that the records of the prophets and of the twelve apostles of the Lamb are dtrue.
Thoughts
The Bible has gone through many changes in its day, a simple history lesson shows that this is the case. It is the word of God and I believe it with my whole soul but must be interpreted correctly. I also know that The Book of Mormon is the word of God. It was translated by a young boy through the power of God and it is convincing evidence along with The Bible that Jesus is the Christ.
By the way it's sure fun having this girl living with us for a while, she's adorable, even if she lives in the attic (just kidding).


1 comment:
Yay for scriptures and for seesters!!!!
Post a Comment